Thank you to electrobeth for nominating my site for a Liebster award, which celebrates new blogs. It’s quite the honour.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Display the Liebester Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
- Ask them 11 new questions or the same ones you were asked.
- Let the bloggers you nominate know!
- Copy the rules into your post.
So, here goes!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am a technical writer
- I have a cat who bullies all other living creatures in the neighborhood
- I have an irrational fear of fish and other sea creatures that are not mammals
- I am obsessed with fairytales – Grimm’s tales, to be more specific
- I hate wearing socks
- I got married in a movie theatre that was built in 1932 (it’s so beautiful!)
- I have a master’s degree in Film Studies – my thesis is titled Women in Slashers Then and Now: Survival, Trauma, and the Diminishing Power of the Close-Up
- I have had two children’s poems published in a book of nursery rhymes
- I hated the book Divergent and did not finish it
- I read too much Anne Rice and V.C. Andrews in my younger years
- I don’t have Facebook, Twitter, or any other popular social media
11 Q & A from my Nominator
- What made you start your blog? Although technical writing is a great, steady, job – it can be a bit dull. I needed a creative outlet, and writing stories had always been a hobby of mine. Problem was, I never finished them. And then I discovered flash fiction, so here we are.
- How do you de-stress after a long day? I have two strategies: curl up with a book or graphic novel, with some soothing background music; or curl up with my husband and binge-watch some of our favourite TV shows.
- What fascinates you? Society’s obsession with social media – well, it both fascinates and frustrates me. Unplug people!
- If you could meet any famous person (dead or alive) who would it be? Robin Wood (deceased). He is my favourite film theorist and the reason I fell in love with horror cinema. We could have a critical (but Geeky) discussion about slasher flicks. It’d be a dream come true.
- What is your biggest fear? Fish. AH! I hate them. Why are their eyes so far apart?!
- If you could live in a fictional world what one would it be and why? Hmm, as it turns out I read and watch too much horror/dystopia and subsequently only seem to engage with terrible fictional worlds I would not want to live in. I guess I’d have to choose Halloween Town of The Nightmare Before Christmas because it could be Halloween all year round.
- Who is your favourite fictional family? The Addams Family (from the original TV series, not the movies – although, I did like those too).
- If you could be any animal what would you be and why? I guess a cat because they just do whatever they want all the time.
- If someone was going to make a film about your life who would play you and why? Ignoring the physical, maybe Christina Ricci because she seems strange enough.
- What is your favourite type of weather? Early Autumn (read: sweater weather and fallen leaves).
- What would be your dream job? Novelist. And I’d want a weird creepy old cabin too.
Thank you to all of these awesome bloggers for giving me something to read each day. If you choose to accept, follow the rules aforementioned, and here are your 11 questions:
- How did you come up with your blog concept?
- What inspires you to keep blogging?
- What are you currently reading (or most recently read)?
- What’s the scariest book you’ve ever read?
- Are you a night owl or a morning bird?
- What in your life are you most proud of?
- Who is your hero?
- Do you have a phobia? If so, what is it?
- If you were to write the story of you, what genre would it be and why?
- What is the best movie you’ve seen recently?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
5 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Thank you for the nom and I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing over your fish fear and their far apart eyes! 😂😂
Haha it’s fine. I can’t even look at them. Nightmares!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I feel you. I’m terrified of clowns.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Liebster Award | BOOKS AND HOT TEA